Caterpillar, Inc. Metallurgical/ Material Engineer - 2 year Fixed Term Contract in Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Metallurgical/ Material Engineer - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Job Title : Metallurgical / Material Engineer - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary : £40,000-£52,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
10-12% bonus (Depending on Experience)
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Job Title: Metallurgical / Material Engineer
Salary Grade: 22/23
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business .
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge productsand services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As a metallurgical/ material engineer you will partner with and provide technical guidance to other teams. You will have an ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and identify failures. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, and both internal and external customers. These decisions have significant impact on warranty, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
In this role, you will also deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems, which you will use to:
- Perform complex metallurgical analysis
- Identify metallurgical manufacturing defects and make process improvement recommendations
- Communicate and share results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Participate in developing new technologies
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
- Provide technical guidance on needs analysis, product and process maintenance
- Audit component suppliers in metallic material manufacturing processes such as casting, forging or heat treatment
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum;
- Relevant work experience of applying Metallurgy in an Engineering function; and
- Strong analytical skills.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Master’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering curriculum;
- Experience of working within an ISO17025 accredited Laboratory; and
- A working knowledge of chemistry.
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location United Kingdom-Cambridgeshire-Peterborough
Unposting Date: Oct 3, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Req ID: 190006VV