Caterpillar, Inc. 2nd Shift - Warehouse Associate - Clayton, OH in Clayton, Ohio
2nd Shift - Warehouse Associate - Clayton, OH
We know that a decision to work for Caterpillar is a commitment oftime and talent. In return, we work to provide you a rewarding environment andexperience.
As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar, you will perform avariety of functions to check, receive, and verify accuracy of part locationsand quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you willconduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
1st– Monday– Friday 7am – 3pm
2nd– Monday– Friday: 3pm – 11pm
3rd– Sundaynight – Friday morning: 11pm - 7am
WE OFFER PHENOMENALBENEFITS
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewardingcareer. We believe in building a better world for people all over the world. AtCaterpillar you earn more than a wage of $15.00/hour (with $.75 shiftdifferential for 2nd and 3rd Shift). You deserve a total rewards package andthat is why Caterpillar offers a 6% 401k match, day one medical, dental, visionand RX. You can also earn a quarterly bonus. You will receive 10 paid vacationdays (prorated first calendar year) and up to 11 paid holidays. Caterpillarvalues your hard work and development, so we offer merit based raises twice ayear. Your Caterpillar career is in your hands, so we give you the opportunityfor overtime hours or shifts, education and development necessary for yoursuccess and the success of Caterpillar.
JobDuties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required inthe receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts,materials equipment and supplies.
Operates hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving,counting and order processing.\
Performs housekeepingfunctions as required.
- Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overheadcranes
- Reports defects and need for repairs.
Next steps after applying:
- Qualified candidates will receive a email for a link to an online assessmenttest .
- After the assessmenttest is completed, qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview.
- Applicants will receivea follow up email after testing with additional instructions
- PLEASE CHECK EMAILSFREQUENTLY FOR COMMUNICATIONS
- 1-3 years of prior experience in a warehouse or similar environment
- Computer skills
- Strong work history
Top candidates will also have:
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Positions are 40 hours per week
- Openings are located in Clayton, OH
- No relocation is offered for this position
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Ohio-Clayton
Unposting Date: May 21, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Req ID: 190000RC