Caterpillar, Inc. Sr Accounting Manager in East Peoria, Illinois
Sr Accounting Manager
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has beenmaking sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy andnatural resource assets.
With 104,000 employees and 2018 sales andrevenues of $54.722 billion, we are the world’s leading manufacturer ofconstruction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines,industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Our companyprincipally operates through its three primary segments - ConstructionIndustries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and alsoprovides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
We are a Fortune 100 corporation with 110 productionfacilities of which 60 are located outside the US, and we have 160 dealersserving customers in 193 countries. In2018 we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
For more information, visitwww.cat.comandwww.caterpillar.com .
As a Senior Accounting Manager in MaterialHandling & Underground (MH&U), you will the opportunity to play acritical role in the financial reporting and analysis for the Divisionsupporting all eleven product lines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a high performing staff
- Providing a strategic focus and leading initiatives on complex financialreporting and analysis issues
- Evaluating and reporting on staff performance, participating in employeeselection, providing career guidance and training direction, complying withpersonnel practices, and promoting team awards and successes
- Participating in the development and support of business strategies
- Communicating effectively within the team and with internal and externalcustomers and data providers, including presentations to all levels ofmanagement
- Proactively interacting with customers to develop, understand and managecustomer requirements and expectations
- Providing technical guidance and expertise on business issues of globalimpact and/or high complexity such as financial reporting requirements forbusiness units
- Leading initiatives and making decisions outside the team to represent thegroup
- Collaborating with internal and external parties as appropriate
- Providing creative solutions that challenge traditional methods and processes
- Bachelor's level degree in Accounting;Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approvedcertification (CPA/CMA)
- 7- 10 years of accounting experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Professional Certification(Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) orequivalent)
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Mustdemonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment and superiorcommunication skills
- Demonstrated excellence inLeadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analyticalskills.
- Demonstrated success andprogression in previously held accounting roles
- Statisticalanalysis skills – Monte Carlo probabilities and outcome ranges
Caterpillar is not currentlyhiring individuals for this position who now or in the future requiresponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can befound through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location United States-Illinois-East Peoria
Unposting Date: Jan 27, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 2000007X