Caterpillar, Inc. Environmental, Health & Safety Manager in Franklin, Indiana
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Caterpillar takes a systemview of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiplelives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to thecustomer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life todeliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering andmanufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealerorganization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us toprovide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar Oil, Gas & Marine Division currently has an openingfor an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager supporting the Remanufactured Powertrain facility located in Franklin, IN. As an EHS Manager, you will provide leadership, mentoring, and direction to hourly, salaried and management personnel to ensure employee health and the environment are protected. You will also conduct and supervise activities that insure compliance with governmental regulations and corporate policies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coach and facilitate the development of the work group
- Assist operations management in understanding related environmental/health/safety requirements and their impact in operations
- Identify common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organization's operations.
- Prepare or review environmental/health/safety training materials for the facility
- Investigate and establish standards for protective equipment
- Perform self-assessments of safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions
- Generate and/or review of reports for environmental and safety agencies
- Leads facility security processes
- Manages contractor safety programs which includes chemical management.
- Develops and leads facility EH&S strategy.
- Manages EH&S projects.
- Bachelor'sdegree in a technical related field or 10 years of EHSmanufacturing experience.
- Strong understanding of environmental/health/safety regulations and corporate standards
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills
This position will be located at the Caterpillar facility located in Franklin, Indiana.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants thatrequire or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L,TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunitiesoutside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities,females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Franklin
Unposting Date: Apr 8, 2020, 6:59:00 AM
Req ID: 200001T2