Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Associate Engineer - Test/Validation in Green Valley, Arizona
Senior Associate Engineer - Test/Validation
Caterpillar's Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking a Test Engineer to support product development at the Caterpillar Tucson Proving Ground.In this role you will perform engineering assignments while building a working knowledge of Caterpillar and Caterpillar products, technologies, processes, services, and systems.Activities are focused on full scale testing of mining and construction equipment and technology to ensure that products perform as intended and meet customer requirements.
- Plan and execute testing of mining and construction equipment and technology.Validate that new products and updated products meet engineering requirements.
- Make safety and health a priority during all work (and home) activities.Engage in Caterpillar’s culture of safety and participate in efforts and activities to continuously improve the safety of operations.
- With support from a senior test engineer, create project plans for test activity, write work instructions, manage and participate in building and modification of mining machines, outline instrumentation requirements for testing, conduct testing, analyze test results, communicate findings, and write technical summary reports.
- Apply technical skills to develop and validate any machine systems and subsystems including structural, mechanical, hydraulic, cooling, engine, powertrain, electrical, electronics, and software.
- Use engineering systems to look up drawings, specifications, and solid models.Use software like Excel, Tableau, DATK to analyze test data.Use MS Office applications to create effective technical and communication documents.
- Work with other engineers, technologists, mechanics, instrumentation technicians, operators, and logisticians in a collaborative team environment to complete complex tasks safely, with the highest quality, while meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Apply knowledge of machines and machine systems to perform troubleshooting of malfunctioning components, systems, and machines.
- Learn the fundamentals of mining equipment operations and maintenance.Learn through on-the-job training to operate mining trucks and shovels.
- Provide ideas for continuous improvement (CI) to the safety, quality, velocity, and cost of engineering and operations at the proving ground.Aid supervisor in implementation of CI ideas.
- One to two years of relevant engineering or technical experience with evidence of strong technical and analytical skills and ability to deliver results that contribute to business success.
- Experience with SuperComm 2, Cadet, Caterpillar Electronic Technician, CANape and electrical system troubleshooting is highly desired.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other accredited engineering curriculum.
- More than one year of experience in product development, machinery and equipment, mining, simulation and analysis, vehicle testing, or mechanical and hydraulic components and systems.
- Ability to frequently work on one’s feet for full days at a time in a variety of environmental conditions
(i.e. inside/outside, hot/cold/inclement weather, dusty environment).Ability (after on-the-job training) to safely operate equipment and machinery.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with coworkers and customers.
Ability to travel for short periods of time
Additional Information:Ability to travel for short periods of time
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Primary Location United States-Arizona-Green Valley
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 1900035V