Caterpillar, Inc. Supply Chain Planning Manager in Jiangsu, China
Supply Chain Planning Manager
Direct reports include supply chain planning engineers, supply chain planning analysts, packaging engineers. To provides leadership, coaching, focus, motivation and encouragement to direct reports. To be responsible for personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning.
This position is accountable for utilization of the logistics planning process to populate the plan for every part, lean design of material flow plans and design and implementation of appropriate pull material replenishment processes. Leads teams to improve factory layout and material presentation, optimization of 3rdparty provider processes and appropriate material packaging and containerization through the supply chain. This position is accountable for process development and implementation aligned with CPS, and for improved performance in inventory management, including increasing inventory turns. Leads teams to establish inbound material logistics and movement plans through all activity points on the flow path. This position leads efforts to create a visual workplace for every value stream. To ensure that standard work is available for lean supply chain processes. This position works with other supply chain functional areas to continuously improve material flow plans, focusing on improving inventory record accuracy, waste reduction and increased throughput efficiency, increased velocity. Leads efforts to analyze supply chain constraints and deploy corrective action. In addition, this position works with logistics management resources to optimize inbound velocity, carrier selection and delivery schedules.
- APICS CPIM or CSPC Certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- College or university degree, preferably in supply chain and/or logistics management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Minimum of seven years of supply chain job experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
- Qualification as CPS Support Team Leader
- CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
- Background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location China-Jiangsu-Wuxi
Unposting Date: Dec 27, 2018, 9:59:00 AM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Req ID: 18000ADU