Caterpillar, Inc. Internal Communications Advisor in Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Internal Communications Advisor
Job Title : Internal Communications Advisor
Salary : £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Contract : Permanent
Benefits : 27 days annual leave bank holidays, 9% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website (discount and offers website)
Location : Desford, Leicestershire
Hours : Full Time - 37.50
Travel : Not required with this role
Relocation/Sponsorship : Not supported with this role
Closing Date : Wednesday 19 December
Job Reference : 18000C5W
- Flexible working options will be considered***
Building Construction Products (BCP) at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders and Compact Wheel Loaders. Founded in 1952, Leicester was the first venture by Caterpillar, outside the United States. The Caterpillar Building Construction Products' fabrication facility at Stockton uses the latest technology to cut, weld and machine all the major structures for use at its assembly plant at Leicester.
Do you have a passion for communication and corporate social responsibility?
Can you drive engagement through exciting and impactful communication?
As our Internal Communications Advisor you will have responsibility for coordinating and enhancing our internal communications. This involves working with leaders and employees at all levels of the organisation, supporting key facility initiatives and ensuring clear and effective communication.You will also coordinate our community engagement activities including volunteering and charitable support.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain and execute communication plans to ensure creative, engaging content using a range of technologies and a variety of communication channels.
- Coordinate community engagement activities, volunteering opportunities and recognition programmes.
- Coordinate facility surveys including the corporate Employee Opinion Survey. Analyse the results and help to identify areas of focus to improve employee engagement and other aspects of the culture.
- Serve as a communications consultant to ‘internal customers’, understanding their needs and providing a quality communications service.
- Continuously improve the structure, quality and consistency of the content and delivery of planned and ad hoc communications.
- Work closely with Building Construction Products’ lead communicator in North Carolina and Caterpillar’s UK media representative on local publicity and media relations.
- Manage the relationship with our nominated charity.
Skills,experience & qualifications you will have:
-Excellent communications expertise (especially in writing and preparation ofpresentations).
-Previous experience in communication - particularly internal communication.
- Planning, prioritising and coordination skills including the ability to meetdeadlines.
- Attention to detail, initiating action and challenge the established way ofdoing things.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellentinterpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels ofthe business.
Skills,experience & qualifications you may have:
- Aninterest in, and enthusiasm for, improving internal communications, communityinvolvement and employee engagement.
-Experience of using a range of communication technologies including socialmedia.
-Intranet, advanced Office365 and Adobe skills experience would be an advantage.
- A relevant qualification in Communications/PR/Marketing is not essential butwould be an advantage.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may beenhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers(http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) >Careers >Search and apply >Experienced Professionals >paste the job number from then advert into thesearch box and then follow the application process.
Job Human Resources
Primary Location United Kingdom-Leicestershire-Desford
Unposting Date: Dec 19, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 18000C5W