Caterpillar, Inc. Staff Accountant - Legal Entity in Morton, Illinois
Staff Accountant - Legal Entity
As a part time StaffAccountant at Caterpillar, you will perform staff level accounting functionsthat deal with accounting issues of normal complexity to support businessprocesses and provide further experience with Caterpillar accounting practices.
JobDuties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- accounting support for SPM Parts facilities
- financial accountingincluding preparation of journal entries, financial statements, trend marginalvariance analysis, and account reconciliations
- inventory accounting and standard cost revision
- intercompany reconciliation and analysis
- development and maintenance of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley(SOX) control documentation
- 4 year Degree in Accounting or equivalent or 4 year Degree in Business with aminimum of 18 hours accounting coursework
- 1 to 2 years ofAccounting experience
- 3.0 / 4.0 Grade Point Average (Account GPA & Cumulative GPA) or equivalent
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- ProfessionalCertification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified ManagementAccountant (CMA) or equivalent)
- MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills andthe ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate good communication skills and have an expanded knowledge ofCaterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune500 company
- SAP / CBS / SPM / MACH1 system experience
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Morton
Unposting Date: Apr 6, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 200001OQ