Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Controls and Automation Lead in Mossville, Illinois
Senior Controls and Automation Lead
What matters most toyou? Isit being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving globalproblems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enablesprogress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, wecan build what matters.
The Electric Power Divisionhas an exciting opportunity for aSenior Controls and Automation Lead in Mossville, Illinois. As a Senior Controls and Automation Lead at Caterpillar, you will provide technical leadership for Electric Power for establishing strategy, solutions architecture and implementation of the generator set, switchgear and system level controls programs
JobDuties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Technical / Applications background:
- Design,test, and commission solutions consisting of generator control systemsutilizing different automation manufacturers and PLC platforms in the samesystem, experience interfacing, designing controls with different manufacturergensets
- Experience:Expert level knowledge on at least some of the following platforms:
-Schneiderautomation: Momentum, M340, M580,
-AllenBradley automation: Control Logix, Compact Logix
-Siemensautomation: S-7 platforms
-Woodwardautomation: MSLC, DSLC, Easy Gen, and LS5 Architecture
-Deifautomation: AGC200, AGC4, ML300
-CoMapautomation: Inteli series
- Developcontrol software utilizing various PLC and automation controls
- Expertunderstanding of IEC 61131 PLC Programming languages i.e. Ladder Logic,Function Block Diagram, Structured Text or any other PLC programming language.
- Expertknowledge of PLC communication protocols
PLCcommunication architecture, switchgear system integration.
- Understandin detail the applicable NEC, NEMA, UL, CSA, IEC, ISO, ANIS, Grid Codesrequirements
- Understandprotective relays, their functions associated with Generator and Utilityprotection applications. Expert understanding of electrical protection of powersystems
- Expertknowledge of integrating different sources of generation in solutions includingswitchgear designs, renewable energy sources, reciprocating engines, storagebatteries, and grid connections
- Interpretcustomer specifications and drawings, and apply them to design platforms whileconsidering industry regulations and requirements.
- Accredited graduate engineering degree in electrical,electronics, electronics engineering technology, computer science, powersystems, or an equivalent;
- 7 years of Electric Power industrial automationexperience OR 7 years of experience with Power Generation controls OR 3 yearsof experience with controls for hybrid energy plants with dissimilar energysources (e.g., microgrids, renewable sources)
Top CandidatesWill Also Have:
- Proven analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate highly complex technical information to all levels, including customers
- Familiarity with principles and/or experience with creating andestablishing an open, standardized software architecture for control units
- Experience withcreating PLC logic and programming
- Experience with industry standard communications protocols
- Hands on experience at customer sites, commissioning or productsupport
- Familiarity with grid code standards andother Electric Power regulations
- Demonstratedability to positively influence project outcome through coaching or indirectleadership
- Skilled withdocumentation of requirements, methodology, and issue resolution
- Familiarity withProduct Management methodology
Relocationassistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currentlyhiring individuals for this position who now or in the future requiresponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can befound through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers ( http://www.caterpillar.com/careers ).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualifiedindividuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals withdisabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Mossville
Req ID: 1900034V