Caterpillar, Inc. Telematics Onboard Monitoring Software Development Engineer in Mossville, Illinois
Telematics Onboard Monitoring Software Development Engineer
Telematics Onboard Monitoring Software Engineer
This is a position for a software engineer todevelop Telematics on-board monitoring software for Caterpillar machine &engine applications.The candidate’sduties will include but are not limited to:developing, configuring, and testing Telematics on-board software;troubleshooting and correcting software issues; and reporting developmentstatus.This position involves workingclosely with Telematics systems engineers, and other software development teams.
Basic Qualifications :
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS
- 2-3 years of development experience using C (with emphasis on C 11/14) programming languages
- 2-3 years of embedded software experience
- 2-3 Development experience using Object Oriented Design
- Experience working in a fast-paced, large and global Agile team environment
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong customer focus
- Experience using Linux
- Experience in embedded controls development for Telematics applications in heavy machinery or automotive industry to gather data and remotely monitoring assets.
- Experience with CAN, J1939, TCP/IP and other data link protocols
- Experience using CAN based tools like CANoe and CANalyzer
- Experience with GIT configuration management tool
- Experience using Design Patterns in software development
- Experience with developing Unit Tests and Test Driven Development
- Experience with UML Tools like Rhapsody in developing designs through UML diagrams
- Experience working in Ubuntu
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Mossville
Unposting Date: Jul 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 190005RG