Caterpillar, Inc. Quality Engineer in Shanghai, China
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Caterpillar’s Quality Management System for a business division. The incumbent advises operations teams on production and product issues based on customer feedback through investigation, analysis and team leadership to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs Quality Assurance for a business division by performing product test procedures, validating product specifications, performing audits, and leading product reliability improvements via Caterpillar’s New Product Introduction program and Continuous Product Improvement programs.
- Develops plans and tools to support quality systems and related processes for a business division. The incumbent provides support for quality programs and certifications, as well as Lean Manufacturing and systems implementations.
- Supports business division employees tracking continuous quality improvement projects and a quality scorecard, leading internal quality programs, developing related training programs, conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews.
- 4-year degree in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of relevant quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools
- Strong communications, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field
- Ability to effectively train / coach diverse groups about quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location China-Shanghai-Shanghai
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 1900000A