Caterpillar, Inc. Supply Chain Planning Engineer in Shanghai, China
Supply Chain Planning Engineer
As a Supply Chain Performance Engineer withCaterpillar Parts Distribution, you will have an opportunity to develop andimplement the most efficient parts incoming supply chain with lowest TCO, andhighest OPACC impact, which involves close collaboration between the supplybase and Caterpillar’s Global parts distribution network.
JobDuties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a projectleader to drive the critical parts regional sourcing projects.
- Defining and implementing supply chain flow for emerging source of partssupply in Asia Pacific.
- Defining and implementing parts incoming strategies to support orderfulfillment throughout the entire supply chain to create more value with lesswaste.
- Collaborating withproduct groups to align the aftermarket parts sourcing strategy.
- Educating internal and external parts supply base on the global partsdemand.
- Identifying and eliminating the parts incoming supply chain waste.
- Strong knowledge of most of the following: purchasing, parts distribution,inventory control, manufacturing operations and traffic systems.
- Working knowledge of company products and good analytical skills.
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitiveissues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department totake specific actions.
- A degree in business, engineering, logistics, and Information Systemexperience
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location China-Shanghai-Shanghai
Unposting Date: Apr 24, 2020, 6:59:00 AM
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 200001HW