Caterpillar, Inc. Category Buyer in Slaskie, Poland
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development and/or communication and implementation of a regional, or worldwide sourcing strategy;
- Responsible for development, management and execution of the global category strategy, managing policies, agreements, source catalogues, and special procurement programs;
- Accountable for liaison with the corresponding source buyers;
- Provide leadership for strategic sourcing – qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management – capacity & financial, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management – TCA assurance, supplier on boarding/off boarding, lead/response time optimization and resource management decisions;
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and purchasing new product introduction activities within Purchasing;
- Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing and/or engineering;
- Undergraduate degree from university/college or equivalent experience;
- Tools and techniques of 6 Sigma, attained by Black Belt, Green Belt, Project Sponsor or other 6 Sigma related training programmes;
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management;
- Strong knowledge of the product, NPI, Facility, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies.
Job Purchasing & Procurement
Primary Location Poland-Slaskie-Sosnowiec
Unposting Date: Dec 10, 2019, 2:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 190006J2