Caterpillar, Inc. Digital Application Tech Lead in Tamil Nadu, India
Digital Application Tech Lead
The Sr.Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment ofCaterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will builda world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
JOBDUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines withindividuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existingmobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributedcomputing systems.
1. Competent to perform all programming,project management, and development assignments without close supervision;normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Works directly on complexapplication/technical problem identification and resolution, including respondingto off-shift and weekend support calls.
3. Works independently on complex systemsor infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications orsystems.
4. Drives application development focusedaround delivering business valuable features
5. Mentor and assist software engineers,providing technical assistance and direction as needed
6. Maintains high standards of softwarequality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
7. Identifies and encourage areas forgrowth and improvement within the team
8. Guide the team to develop a structuredapplication/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentationand user guides in a casual, flexible environment
9. Communicate with end users and internalcustomers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of applicationsoftware for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
10. Performs integrated testing and customeracceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and executionto ensure timely, quality results.
11. Employee is also responsible forperforming other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time totime.
Theposition manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinateswork with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbentnormally works independently with minimal management input and review of endresults.
Typicalcustomers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies whopurchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unitand/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly andcorrectly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solvesproblems by determining the best course of action, within departmentalguidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities andestablishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments andachieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessionsfocused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s)stated.
Position requires afour-year degree from an accredited college or university.
Five years or more ofsoftware development experience or at least three years of experience withmaster’s degree in computer science or related field.
Five years or more ofexperience in designing and developing software applications in Java or Scalaor at least three years of experience in Java or Scala with master’s degree incomputer science or related field.
Top candidates will also have:
Proven experience inmany of the following,
Designing,developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
Developing softwareapplications using relational and Nosql databases.
Applicationarchitectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
Deploying software usingCI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
Deploying andmaintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
Working within anAgile framework (ideally Scrum)
Strong understandingand/or experience in many of the following,
Batch or streamprocessing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
Message brokers suchas Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
Experiencedesigning well-defined Restful APIs
Experience writingAPI proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure APIGateway
Hands oneexperience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
Test drivendevelopment and behavior driven development.
Hands on experiencewith testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration intoCI/CD pipelines.
Datastores such asMongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
Debugging andmaintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
Must demonstratesolid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures andalgorithms.
Ability to work underpressure and within time constraints
Passion fortechnology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
Demonstratedleadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
Bachelor’s degree inComputer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Job Information Technology
Primary Location India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Unposting Date: Apr 4, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 200001HP