Caterpillar, Inc. Section Manager in Tamil Nadu, India
Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads teams and supervises people across multiple employee categories / payrolls in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
- Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules
- Increase production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
- Section Value Stream Mapping
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
- Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures
Caterpillar-BCP’son-site Program Manager / Section Manager at BCP’s SWL contract manufacturingfacility of supplier (CMS, Banda, Maharashtra). This is an off-site role andcalls for day to day management of BCP’s cross functional requirements andcommunications at the contract manufacturer’s plant.
No direct Caterpillar-BCPreports. However, the role calls for active collaboration with CMS’s LeadershipTeam as well as line operations personnel on a daily basis, with regularfeedback on issues to India SWL Business and Commercial Manager. BCP buysproduct worth approximately US$ 35 to 40 mn annually from CMS.
(List the major duties and responsibilities inthis job along with a brief explanation of each.)
This role has the followingresponsibilities:
Continuously monitor and improve CMS operations in areas of Safety, Quality, Process compliance, process cost and Velocity
Advice and assist CMS team on quick resolution of Safety, Quality, Process and Velocity Issues as they arise
Co-ordinate BCP’s EN implementation work at CMS with focus on minimizing RSSM
Co-ordinate all NPI related activities at CMS on behalf of BCP-CIPL
Actively work to minimize any communication gaps between CIPL-BCP and CMS
Actively Train, Audit and Shadow Manage Quality and Process teams of CMS and guide them to achieve/exceed BCP’s SWL Quality (DPU reduction) objectives
(Explainthe background, work experience, and education required and/or preferred forthis job.)
Degreein Mechanical/Automotive Engineering with 3 to 4 years’ work experience inOperations, Quality, Engineering or Purchase of a similar (assembly, test andpaint) facility. Good communication skills is a must. Good process knowledgeand understanding of working of cross-functional teams at BCP India. Goodproduct knowledge of BCP’s SWL in India. Good inter-personal skills/ability tonetwork/collaborate with Teams in BCP and CMS to address tactical and longerterm issues. A passion for Quality. Willingness to work off-site for a 3 to 5year period at CMS Banda in Maharashtra.
- University degree in a Manufacturing-related discipline
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing, manufacturing operations processes, materials and / or quality
- Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Prior experience in manufacturing / operations planning and / or manufacturing experience; and
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location India-Tamil Nadu-Thiruvallur
Unposting Date: Dec 29, 2018, 12:29:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 18000C1A