Caterpillar, Inc. Product Support Specialist Rep in Tucson, Arizona
Product Support Specialist Rep
As a Product Support Specialist Rep your goal will be to contribute to enhanced customer loyalty through effective understanding of Caterpillar’s share of market related to New, Used and Rental Product, Parts, Service, Machine Control and Guidance and fleet management, along with identifying adjacent areas within a customer value chain where we can create value. Providing the distribution team critical customer requirements that need to be addressed to ensure dealer product support growth through effective service capability and efficiency in each market segment. This is the third field-based assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- You will be a liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel and divisions. You will become very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. You will be accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in assigned discipline/district, performing complex analysis work, identify and resolving problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. You may work more directly with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly, suppliers.
- Your primary tasks will include: analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity as well as information systems and identification of Caterpillar systems advantages and shortcomings to Caterpillar and dealer personnel; consulting on existing and potential customer equipment management services with focus on the fleet management value stream and specific customer issues. This may include advising on and recommending ways to enhance customer satisfaction; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization and profit margins, e.g., competitive warranty programs, competitive financing, machine control and guidance, and market based customer support agreements; identifying, and supporting rollout of new products; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills. Assist dealers in business planning including counseling dealers on effectiveness of meeting expected business results; counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability such as identifying performance gap solutions; advising on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures such as recommending ways to enhance customer satisfaction through training, financial/insurance services, customer support agreements, etc.; consulting with dealers on process improvement methods and assisting with process evaluation; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- You will understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within your work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, new product introduction process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc. You will apply your knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs. You may also provide direction to less experienced personnel.
- You will stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
Employee is also responsible for performing otherjob duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- College or university degree or equivalent experience.
- Current clean CDL “Class A” license
- Nine to twelve years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Experience delivering and training on mining machines, operator and supervisor efficiency trainingsessions.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of company Mining products and product applications as an expert operator.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of dealer operations
- Prior machine training experience both in the classroom and in the field
- Able to create the necessary material tailored to the specific site and product.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- The position travels extensively both domestically and internationally; at least 2 full weeks each month.
- This is a Tucson based position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers
Job Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Primary Location United States-Arizona-Tucson
Unposting Date: Mar 28, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Req ID: 190002AK