Caterpillar, Inc. Maintenance Officer: 6 -12 Month Contract Role in Victoria, Australia
Maintenance Officer: 6 -12 Month Contract Role
The Melbourne Distribution Centre (MBDC)currently has an opportunity for an all rounder Maintenance Officer to join thefacility based in Tullamarine. Reporting to the Logistics Centre Manager, theprimary responsibility of the Maintenance Officer is to oversee allfacilitypreventative maintenance and work order repair requirements.
- Responsiblefor overseeing all facility preventative maintenance and work order repairrequirements
- Responsiblefor seeking vendor quotations related to equipment andirect/indirectmaterialon behalf of the facility
- Responsibleforarranging all servicing andequipment
- Responsibleformonitoringall capitalexpenditure
- Responsiblefor purchasing indirectmaterials/supplies
- Supportandoversee all mobile equipment leasing arrangements
- Assistwith safety related action items across the facility and identify opportunitiesfor improvement
- Coordinateall external contractors – OHS, inductions and governance
- ReporttoCaterpillar internal governance groups on relevant environmental issues asrequired
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills to effectively liaise with customersand suppliers
- Effectivetime management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Tertiaryqualifications in Warehousing and Distribution or Transportation desired
- Priorprocurementormechanical/technicalexperience within a service/ mobile equipment environment would be highlyregarded
- Intermediatecomputer skills
Job Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Primary Location Australia-Victoria-Melbourne
Unposting Date: Jan 3, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Req ID: 18000BMW